How to stop common juicing mistakes
Sticking to a healthy and nutritious diet doesn't just mean eating the right foods, but drinking them as well! Juicing is a fun and easy way to get the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Before you get started take a look at some of the common juicing mistakes that will help you to ‘Juice with Confidence’!
- Juicing does not have to be expensive – source your fruit and vegetables from local markets, buy in bulk and haggle for bargains at the end of the day! Make friends with your local traders - ask them to source unusual varieties of fruit and vegetables and in return let them sample your results.
- Don’t be too adventurous too early – start with your favourite fruit and vegetables, adding additional flavours as you go. Don’t make your recipes overly complex, enjoy and savour each flavour.
- Beware of citrus fruit skins that may have harmful toxins – peel grapefruits and oranges, however remember that the pithy parts just under the skin contain the most nutrients.
- Don’t store homemade juice for more than 24 hours – it’s best to drink it fresh. If you must store it, use an opaque, airtight container with no air inside. To remove air, you can either add filtered water or use a food saver to suck out the excess air.
- It sounds obvious but follow the instructions in your juicers manual - cut the produce into pieces small enough to fit into your machine. Remove larger, hard pieces, such as peach pits and stalks.
And why not try out our recipes and let us know what you think? We’d love to hear your feedback!
Finally remember that you don’t need to rush out and purchase an expensive juicer and a fridge full of fresh fruits and vegetables in order to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Just follow our simple tips above together with the information on our web pages and you can experience the benefits of juicing for yourself.