Direct from the Nutritional Healing Foundation this week and my lovely tutor Lesley Price, we have some great tips for reducing internal stress. We all suffer from stress to some degree. Try these tips and please share with all your stressed out friends. TEN (fairly easy) TOP NUTRITIONAL TIPS FOR REDUCING OUR INTERNAL STRESS
1. GRADUALLY beginning to increase our intake of plain, still, clean WATER to around four pints/two litres per day....
2. Getting to the point of drinking one pint/500mls of WATER 30 minutes before our meals.
3. When we are eating, let’s JUST EAT… rather than eating whilst watching T.V. or on the computer or walking around etc.
4. Let’s CHEW, CHEW, CHEW (As the wise old Naturopaths used to say…’Drink your solids and chew your liquids!)
5. How about having our evening meal as early as possible? When it goes dark, our bodies naturally prepare for going to sleep…not digesting a meal!
6. Having a dessertspoon of whole flaxseeds soaked for 12 hours in a mug of water, swallowed whole (without chewing) will aid elimination for any of us with sluggish bowels. Feel free to have this morning AND evening.
7. Changing from refined foods to WHOLE FOODS ie WHITE to BROWN eg. from white rice to wholegrain brown rice...our bodies will LOVE IT!
8. Rather than using sugar, let's reach for raw honey, pure maple syrup or dried fruits (raisins, sultanas, dates etc) soaked in water. Soooo delightfully sweet and perfect for baking, in porridge etc.
9. Switching from eating margarines & spreads to a little organic butter from grass-fed cows (or if vegan, using nut butters or coconut oil) Banning all hydrogenated fats from our vocabulary!!!
10. Eating as local, as seasonal and as organic as possible WITHOUT GETTING STRESSED ABOUT IT hahaha xxx
In any cases of heart failure, kidney problems, swelling or ANY cause for concerns, please only begin drinking more water under supervision.
I hope you will agree that these tips are completely DO-ABLE, without huge amounts of effort and without doubt WILL have a hugely positive effect for us all.
And of course, adding fresh pressed juice to your daily routine will have you glowing, energised, hydrated and ready for an exciting day. Check out our recipes on the revealing recipes page. Make sure you connect on social media to find new recipes. www.facebook.com/passon4juice
Many of you know that I am studying nutrition and have been doing so for a very long time. I love learning about health, wellness and energy. This weeks topic is the production of hormones. During my study I came across some very relevant information about the metabillism of alcohol. I want to share this with you. I have totally changed my relationship with alcohol and have long periods of time alcohol free. The following information is with thanks to Precision Nutrition. Each of us has to make up their own mind about alcohol consumption and some of this information may help you. Try switching your 5pm favourite drink for a smoothie or juice several times per week and feel the difference in energy.
Passion 4 Juice were delighted to support to recently successful Rainbow Serpent Festival in country Victoria. With record numbers and a diverse range of international performers the 4 day event was considered one of the most successful yet. Passion 4 Juice kept punters healthy, happy, energised and dancing longer with the most popular juice being the Immune Booster with Pineapple, ginger, local apples and oranges. The Directors of the festival also were keen to get in on the action, requesting delicious fresh fruit platters for the performers and international DJ's.
Festivals and performers are becoming more health conscious. If you require healthy catering for your next event in Australia or the UK then get in touch. We can supply raw, vegan, vegetarian, paleo, gluten free, sugar free options for all special diets.
Don’t forget try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun, that is what life is about on the coast, where we meet the locals,their friends, family, the homes they live in, the real estate they enjoy and the lives they live.
You can read our feature in Coastal Food For Thought here http://coastfoodforthought.com.au/?p=993
Passion 4 Juice will be joining many lucky people at Wonderlust Festival in Thredbo from 18-21 feb 2016.
We will be joining a remarkable group of yoga and meditation instructors, musical performers, speakers, artists and chefs for a transformational retreat at Thredbo Alpine Village on Mt Kosciuszko, New South Wales, Australia. This will be an experience that will get into our mind, body and soul. Wanderlust is an experience that will leave you different than when you came — with new ideas, new friends, newly-discovered abilities, and greater peace. For more information about this festival click here http://wanderlust.com/festivals/thredbo/experience/