Do you want to work UK festivals, save money and get fit and healthy at the same time?
We are recruiting for Glastonbury, Barn on the Farm, 2000 trees, WOMAD, End of the Road, Bestival and probably a few more.
We are interested in people who can create awesome energy, and a fantastic customer experience. People who are strong, healthy, clean living, energetic, happy, enthusiastic and hard working. At Glastonbury we are still located near the John peel and closer to the pyramid stage.
It's going to be the best season ever so if you have friends who want to join us then get them to email me with a cover letter, photo, cv and references. A deposit will be required for the season and refunded with a bonus for those who work well all season.
You can read staff testimonials on http://www.passion4juice.com/joining
Come and travel, join the adventure and enjoy keeping people healthy at festivals. Apply today.
Fresh pressed juices and smoothies are among the best drinks available if you’re focused on weight loss.
Juices are an excellent way of getting nutrient dense fruit and vegetables into the body, feeding the cells and helping shift excess weight. Juices are a fantastic way to get more than your 5 a day vegetable requirement and can be quickly and easily absorbed by the body. A green smoothie can be a complete health package, containing vitamins, nutrients, natural sugars and living enzymes. It’s energy on tap. Fresh pressed juice cleanses the body of toxins and contains living enzymes, vital for health and well-being.
This was an article I recently had published in on the Total Wellness website. You can read more here http://totalwellness.club/discover-6-best-drinks-weight-loss/
Drinking bone broth several times a week is a fantastic way to build better gut health. It is loaded with glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) and glucosamine. The broth is excellent for joint health. When you consume the super tasty food, you also get chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid which is excellent for stimulating cells called fibroblasts which lay down collagen in the joints, tendons, ligaments, and even the arteries.
Bone broth is also awesome for hair, skin and nails because of the collagen. It heals the gut because of the gelatin. The wall of the gut is permeable to allow nutrients in, but it can become too permeable due to processed foods, rancid grains, stress, anti-biotics, medication etc. Then undigested food slips through and gets into your bloodstream! Its almost like shit getting into your viens! And you dont want to be full of shit right! The body gets so confused by this and starts to think your organs are protein and it starts to attack itself. This causes an auto-immune response. The main cause being leaky gut.
1 shin of beef, 1 veal knuckle, bacon bones, a bunch of herbs, salt and cayenne, A whole bulb of garlic; cloves, separated, peeled and crushed
3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (organic, unfiltered) and sufficient water to cover the bones.
Cover with water, bring to the boil. then reduce the heat setting to low.
Allow the stock to cook for a minimum of 6 hours and up to 24 hours (depends on size of bones, chicken less, beef more). The longer the bones brew the better! Remember to keep topping up the water you do not want it to go dry.
Turn off the crockpot and allow the stock to cool slightly.
Strain the stock through a fine mesh metal strainer and throw away all the debris.
Place the cooled stock into glass jars for storage in the fridge (for up to a few days) or pour into freezer-safe containers for later use.
Direct from the Nutritional Healing Foundation this week and my lovely tutor Lesley Price, we have some great tips for reducing internal stress. We all suffer from stress to some degree. Try these tips and please share with all your stressed out friends. TEN (fairly easy) TOP NUTRITIONAL TIPS FOR REDUCING OUR INTERNAL STRESS
1. GRADUALLY beginning to increase our intake of plain, still, clean WATER to around four pints/two litres per day....
2. Getting to the point of drinking one pint/500mls of WATER 30 minutes before our meals.
3. When we are eating, let’s JUST EAT… rather than eating whilst watching T.V. or on the computer or walking around etc.
4. Let’s CHEW, CHEW, CHEW (As the wise old Naturopaths used to say…’Drink your solids and chew your liquids!)
5. How about having our evening meal as early as possible? When it goes dark, our bodies naturally prepare for going to sleep…not digesting a meal!
6. Having a dessertspoon of whole flaxseeds soaked for 12 hours in a mug of water, swallowed whole (without chewing) will aid elimination for any of us with sluggish bowels. Feel free to have this morning AND evening.
7. Changing from refined foods to WHOLE FOODS ie WHITE to BROWN eg. from white rice to wholegrain brown rice...our bodies will LOVE IT!
8. Rather than using sugar, let's reach for raw honey, pure maple syrup or dried fruits (raisins, sultanas, dates etc) soaked in water. Soooo delightfully sweet and perfect for baking, in porridge etc.
9. Switching from eating margarines & spreads to a little organic butter from grass-fed cows (or if vegan, using nut butters or coconut oil) Banning all hydrogenated fats from our vocabulary!!!
10. Eating as local, as seasonal and as organic as possible WITHOUT GETTING STRESSED ABOUT IT hahaha xxx
In any cases of heart failure, kidney problems, swelling or ANY cause for concerns, please only begin drinking more water under supervision.
I hope you will agree that these tips are completely DO-ABLE, without huge amounts of effort and without doubt WILL have a hugely positive effect for us all.
And of course, adding fresh pressed juice to your daily routine will have you glowing, energised, hydrated and ready for an exciting day. Check out our recipes on the revealing recipes page. Make sure you connect on social media to find new recipes. www.facebook.com/passon4juice
Many of you know that I am studying nutrition and have been doing so for a very long time. I love learning about health, wellness and energy. This weeks topic is the production of hormones. During my study I came across some very relevant information about the metabillism of alcohol. I want to share this with you. I have totally changed my relationship with alcohol and have long periods of time alcohol free. The following information is with thanks to Precision Nutrition. Each of us has to make up their own mind about alcohol consumption and some of this information may help you. Try switching your 5pm favourite drink for a smoothie or juice several times per week and feel the difference in energy.